Sunday, April 6, 2014

FNWF on Friday and Saturday day times....

I wonder - does that count?

My Friday night with Friends ended up being my Friday with Friends.
A group of us met up at Sew This and That, our LQS, for the annual sewing for breast cancer day.  We again made bags and little cushions for use after surgery.
Although there were not so many of us sewing this year, we still managed to produce this bundle of finished sets, and there are a few more that we are completing at home.

After being there for 7 hours with only short breaks, I was a bit "sewed out", so couldnt manage to do more sewing on Friday night.

However, on Saturday morning, which would have been Friday night somewhere in the world, I finished off my project from this month's sewing club at Sew This and That.


This month we made a bobbin box wrap.  It is designed to fit two of the rectangular bobbin boxes in.  I have only 1 bobbin box, but  had a plastic case of similar size, that will hold pens, unpicker and other similar tools.  This is another project using the  clear vinyl - I think we keep that industry in business, as so many of our projects seem to use it.  

  

All of the amazing sewing club projects we make are available for anyone to purchase by going to the Online Shop of  Sew This and That

Why not go here to see what other stitchy friends did on their Friday night.  Thank you Cheryll for again hosting us for our Friday night.  

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sure it will count Marilyn and what a beautiful pattern,love it,well done.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Very special sewing Marilyn. Well done to you all xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That is the best type of sewing...

Teresa said...

Wow you guys did so well sewing all those bags and little cushions. Well done!!! I love your little bobbin case wrap... what a great idea x

Rosie said...

Any bit counts I'm sure. Love the bobbin box wrap.

Helen said...

Fantastic effort by your group. The bobbin box looks great !

Stitching Lady said...

My admiration to all you sewing ladies for "a good reason".

retdairyqueen said...

Good on you girls I am sure the bc bags will be very received Just a shame there is so much need for them
Bobbin case is lovely

Chrissie said...

Well done on the huge pile of bags love your bobbin case, really smart

Anthea said...

You definitely deserved a rest on Friday night after all that sewing during the day Marilyn! Nothing like using your crafty passion to show some love & care to others... x

Sandra :) said...

FWF is even better than FNWF! Pretty case cover - I have a similar bobbin case to yours - I love that it "cradles" the bobbins so they don't knock around :D

Fiona said...

Another great cause ..... you guys got through a lot of them.... great bobbin case....
Hugz

Susan said...

Excellent work from everyone for the cancer bags.
I LOVE those bobbin boxes - the best thing ever - no bobbin is ever going to fall out now - I have two...maybe I need a holder???

A Consuming Passion said...

So good to read a post from you. These little bobbin cases are lovely and perfect for keeping small odds and ends together for sewing class. My vinyl zipper pouch is admired everywhere it travels with me....thanks so much :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

You and your group did well making all those bags and little cushions. And I know they will be much appreciated. I believe that when we sew for others we infuse the item with our love and that the recipients feel that on some level.

You bobbin kit turned out great!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Good on you girls for sewing for such a great cause. I do love your bobbin box wrap.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful sewing for such a good cause. Your bobbin case is lovely.