Friday, October 25, 2013

Christmas Items for October



The 25th seems to roll around a bit quicker each month.  This month's Christmas items are this Nancy Halvorsen panel which I have been hand quilting.  It is almost finished, just 1 section, the border and binding to go.   I received the panel some years ago and this year it will finally be quilted and on display.  YAY !!!
(an overcast day makes for very wrong colours)

 These are the Christmas cards we made at our card night this month.

You will be able to see lots of other beautiful Christmas items that have been made by visiting Narelle at Pins and Whiskers.  

I will be back soon with my other "makes" and finishes..

14 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwww that's a beautiful wallhanging - I love Nancy Halvorsen :) Cute cards too - I just found out today that my sewy friend's daughter enjoys making cards and is quite good at it - I thought I might ask her to make me some cards for Christmas, since it isn't a craft I seem to have any skill at, lol!

Anthea said...

What a gorgeous hanging Marilyn - and beautifully quilted, well done! x

debbie said...

Very sweet panel Marilyn, I love the colours. xx debbie

Helen said...

It's beautiful Marilyn, well done x

Michelle Ridgway said...

It does feel good to get UFO's done doesn't' it. Well done. Your cards are beautiful.

Cheryll said...

Gotta LoVe getting projects done...well almost. Narelle and her elves help this to happen!
Great work! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great wallhanging....and those cards are gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

wow Marilyn i love this wall hanging,love Nancy fabrics and your cards are lovely,well done Marilyn on some beautiful finishes.xx

Fiona said...

lovely wallhanging..will be great to have a nice new decoration to go up.... and lovely cards....
Hugz

creations.1 said...

beautiful xmas cheer Marilyn!!

Chrissie said...

Really love your christmas wall hanging and your cards look great too

Narelle said...

Beautiful wallhanging and your cards are lovely. It's so nice to send and receive handmade cards. I'm thinking this could be on my agenda next year :)
Thank you for sharing.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I've barely thought of Christmas - so much happening in our family right now that each week is enough to try and keep on top of.....

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh the panel is coming up an absolute treat :) Such gorgeous cards too :)