Monday, September 30, 2013

Cool steering wheel

Another wonderful project from Sewing Club at Sew This and That this month - we made a steering wheel cover.   Good timing with summer fast approaching, we will have cool steering wheels if nothing else.

We used Insulbrite as the wadding, and the Mola design on the front is an adaptation of the traditional hand sewing technique of the Kuna Indian women - but with ours being done by machine.
Then of course I adapted mine even further - instead of the curly snake like design, I decided to make mine into butterflies.


These 2 Grandies are here to stay for a week while their Mum is being a leader at a music/arts camp.

 We are going to have a fun week I think.  Lots of movies for when we need quiet times, and lots of other activities to keep them occupied.

At the weekend they caught up with their cousin, Sammy for a fun time at the Play Centre.

19 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

That cover is definitely very cool...love the butterflies. Have fun with the grandies x

Narelle said...

Doubly cool!
Cool steering wheel and a cool cover :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like you are all having fun...love that steering wheel..

shirley said...

love that steering wheel cover

Helen said...

What a fantastic idea love it !!!!

De said...

Great steering wheel cover-I love mine that I made last year! Im so jealous of that slide...I want to play too.

Maria said...

That sure is a cool steering wheel cover, love it.
Have a fabulous week with the. Grannies and it looks like you are to a great start.

Stitching Lady said...

You butterflies are great - I understand you could either make a snake or your butterflies out of the pattern.
The grandies are looking very promising regarding playing with cousin or with you!!! haha.

Noela said...

Gorgeous steering wheel cover. Have fun with the grandies. Hugs.....

Susan said...

Love the wheel cover - another great project...

Fiona said...

lovely cover and a great idea... might need to make me one of those...
have fun with the grandies...
Hugz

debbie said...

You will love your steering wheel cover. I've found it really does make a difference. Mine has cupcakes :) xx debbie

Wendy said...

fab cover! Over here we need the opposite. My steering wheel is freezing when I get in the car... I keep meaning to make one, but one that only covers the "rim" if you see what I mean... I'm just not sure HOW!

Dianne said...

Great idea, Marilyn. It is awful when you get in the car and the steering wheel is untouchable. love your bright cheery colours and the butterflies. Di.

Tatkis said...

What a great idea! I love your version!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Maureen Clare said...

Very useful. Super idea

Teresa said...

I love these steering wheel covers. I use mine all the time (and having a black car/oven on wheels!) it is very very handy. Love yours - it's just gorgeous with the butterflies. Hope you had fun with the grandies xx

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I've not seen such colourful slides! What fun it must have been to play and also to watch.

Grit said...

Wow this is a fantastic idea. And the kids have a lot of fun.
Grit from Germany