Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Robin Hood Territory

(Our travels 20th October 2012)

After staying in the 13th century Inn, The Black Bull in Boroughbridge,

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

we made what should have been a quick detour to Robin Hood country.

PA200124

Sherwood Forest.

This band of men were spotted in the nearby village of Edwinstowe.  I think Robin Hood was hiding at the back. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

In Edwinstowe we looked around this church

PA200110

which had this sign at the front

PA200107

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our short detour to Sherwood Forest became a long one when we tried driving through Nottingham without a map.  We drove round and round for about 45 minutes, looking for road signs – eventually finding our way out. I am sure the Sheriff of Nottingham was hindering our trip.  Or was Robin Hood letting us know he objected to this power station being built in his area.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We finally arrived at Bishops Tachbrook where I met up with my quilting buddy, Sue.

PA210132

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

3 comments:

Maria said...

What fun visiting Sherwood Forest...
Sue looks like a lovely lady..
Love the Holly...

Vicki ♥ said...

HI Marilyn...you are seeing lots and doing lots :) I would love to be there with you. Enjoy your holiday :) Hugs Vicki x

Wendy said...

oh hello! didn't know you were coming to my neck of the woods! You should have emailed me when you got lost, I could have directed you out!