Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tassie projects, and Easter sewing

Finally, here are my finishes so far of the projects from our stitching day in Tassie. 

First one – Helen’s needlecase, where we learned her techniques for needleturn applique..

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Vicki’s framed hexagon thread catcher. This will be well used.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I enjoyed finishing Dawn’s project using the Go Baby to cut the tulips (arent they pretty).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It goes so well on my pink cane chair.

The last one that I have completed is Jo’s Memories Scrapbook.  I had such fun making this.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I am still working on the project from Fee. 

My Easter sewing is proceeding well.  I am working on a UFO – a quilt using my Bliss precuts.  I started this quilt in a class called Fun with Precuts at Sew This and That .  I did have fun, even though I have waited more than a year to work on it again. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The bonus here is that I had enough fabrics left to be able to make another quilt. I just had to buy one coordinating fabric.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         ,

Have I told you before that I LOVE Bliss.  Well I do !!!!

And a sneaky peek at another project I hope to finish over the Easter break.  Hmm.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So back to the sewing machine. But before I do, here’s the latest crafting project of Kai and Charlie, my gorgeous grandies.  They love making things, and Kai in particular is very much interested in puppets. Kai’s creation is on the left, and on the right is Charlie with his two.   I am waiting for the puppet show the next time I see them.

puppet1puppet2

15 comments:

Anna Christina said...

What beautiful work! I would like to know the feeling of finishing my ufos. Thanks for sharing.

Fiona said...

Great projects from Tassie... so lovely to see them finished and your Bliss quilt is stunning...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic post...so may gorgeous projects..

Allie said...

BEAUTIFUL projects - love that pillow on your chair, and the scrapbook is so fun!
Your quilt is just gorgeous, well both of them are. Can't decide which one I like better! Your grandbabies puppets are great, I remember making those with my boys!

Vicki ♥ said...

Marilyn your projects are fabulous and I love your book with the pictures of the Tassie weekend. How special is that :) Love your bliss quilt too :) hugs Vicki x

Stitching Lady said...

Nice to see your projects. Happy Easter days!

De said...

Wow - you have nearly done them all!

Noela said...

Great projects from Tassie. You have done a wonderful job with them. Is that going to be on every year? Might think about going if it is.
Glad you are having a lovely Easter sewing. Hugs......

Fee said...

Well Done Marilyn - They are all gorgeous ! I love Bliss too - You are lucky to have enought to make another quilt.

Hugs - Fee X

Lyn said...

You have been busy with all your finishes...lovely projects..and what clever boys with the puppets they have made..

Dianne said...

You seemed to achieved a lot, Marilyn. Wish my Easter sewing had gone as well as that. Too many disruptions!! The boys did a fabulous job on the puppets.

Kathy said...

Well done you! Doesn't Helen's needle book look lovely - maybe I should pop some little projects like this beside my chair at night to make sure they get finished :)

Kathy said...

Well done you! Doesn't Helen's needle book look lovely - maybe I should pop some little projects like this beside my chair at night to make sure they get finished :)

Dawn said...

Fantastic finishes Marilyn..well done they look great
Hugs Dawn x x x

Wendyb said...

Wow Marilyn.....these look great and yep Bliss is wonderful! Love it all.....I'll be there with you next year!!!! xoxo
sugary hugs
Wendy :O)