Monday, March 7, 2011

Out to Lunch and ......

Tomorrow is International Women's Day and my quilting group has a table booked at the lunch in Maleny (Queensland).  Guest speaker is Susan Briscoe.  She is such a talented designer and textile artist, and will be talking about her "inspiring Japanese Quilting Journey".  I think it will be very interesting. She is doing teaching workshops while here also.

We were asked to make a 10 inch quilt block in the women's colours of purple, green and white.  After coming home from the Nutters picnic I hunted out a block to make. 
It is called Alpine Cross.  It rather took my fancy - lots of half square triangles. The blocks are used to raise funds for Women's issues.

Maybe there will be a visit to a Patchwork shop or two on the way home ???  I may have to twist the arm of the driver - or maybe not, she may be keen to check out Maleny Magic Patchwork and Quilts.   Or some of the other places we will be passing on the way.

No comments: