Monday, January 31, 2011

Useful Leftovers.

After using my seminole strips to make the bag I had a few "bits" left over.   Now I could have added even more pockets - but maybe that would have been overkill in the pocket department.  So on to some more projects.

The first one is a folder cover using the pattern by Fee (Christmas folder cover).   Thank you Fee - I love making them and the way I am going all my folders will be covered before long.  I used some triangles I had trimmed while making one of the strips, and some other leftover pieces of fabric as well.

Front cover

back cover

This folder will come along to classes with me to hold all the pattern pages and any other notes I may need.

The next piece was used for the outside of a needle case. 
And then there is a pincushion to complete the set.

I have now exhausted all of the seminole pieces, and just have a couple of small pieces of the print fabric remaining.  I may use some of it to cover a small notebook but I need to purchase the book before I can work on it.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I love the book cover. I am going to make the Christmas ones Fee showed for friends next Chrissy. That is the plan anyway. You are really putting the remnants to work!!

Stitching Lady said...

I love this whole set which you made of remnants. I looks beautiful.