Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Valentino Exhibition and visiting Mooloolah

Wow, wow, wow - the Valentino Exhibition in Brisbane was amazing.  The designs are so unbelievably intricate and detailed, yet so wearable (if you are Model sized that is).To stand at the entrance of each of the halls and look in at the designs is breathtaking.  I just cant think of any other way to describe it.  If you have been fortunate enough to see them you will know what I mean. 

This was an amazing dress, the woven effect was beautiful.  The colours here don't do it justice.

The lining of this coat was too good to be hidden.          So soft and beautiful.

These are not my photos of course, as you are not permitted to take photos of the exhibition. 

Today I travelled with some of my friends to the Open Day of Mooloolah Craft Group.  The group is small but always puts on a brilliant day of showing off their work of the past 2 years, as well as providing morning tea and lunch, and lots of lucky door prizes.  We had a good day, finished off by visiting a couple of Patchwork shops.  It doesn't matter how many stores we visit, the range of fabrics is always different. 
This used to be the Craft Group I belonged to when living in that area.

I took along the quilt I have been working on lately, to show in their Show and Tell. 

Here is a sneak peak of it while I was working on the quilting.  I need to wait for daytime for better light to take a photo of the whole quilt.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Have to agree about the Valentino exhibition and I am so pleased we made the effort to travel down to it. We used to have an open day with our quilt group, but as we hold an exhibition every year it became too much, so now we kind of combine the two. It is lovely to hear of a small group having an open day. How many members do they have? It is a lovely part of the world around there.

Wendy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous... I can't believe the detail in that flower applique and I love the colours.