Monday, August 9, 2010

Lucky Dip and other things

Phew!  after a few days of being computerless it is great to be able to sit down and do some catching up.  I have lost (hopefully temporarily) all my email addresses - which are apparently somewhere on the computer but we have to wait to speak to the computer people after the Ekka holiday to find out where they are,  and "favourites" - well, to refind them I will have to go bloghopping and googling.  That will be ok.

On Friday I received a lovely parcel in the mail - my Lucky dip prize for the Early Bird Christmas Crafting from Judith.
Such a pretty bag.
With goodies inside - a pattern.  But there is more........
The stitchery pattern is Angel of Hope by Candlelight Creations, then there is a beautiful tatted bookmark in such pretty shades of green, and some lovely soft colours of DMC threads.  Thank you so much Judith.  All of them are beautiful. 

My landscape embroidery is slowly evolving.  I have been working on the wattle most nights.  So far it has  been done with french knots, mostly 1 thread and 1 wrap, except for the top wattle which is done in 2 threads and 1 wrap.  This was the progress about a week ago. Tomorrow I will take an up to date photo, which has much more of the wattle stitched.

I have  taken photos of the landscapes the other girls have done.  I will post them tomorrow also.

Today we had our first morning of the new group at the Bribie Island Arts Centre.  It is called Creative Embroidery and came about as a spin off from this landscape workshop.  We decided that we needed to meet regularly to encourage each other with our landscapes, and to bounce ideas off each other. We will meet twice a month, and the group is open to anyone who would like to come along.  We meet at the same time as the Textile Group and we find that our work overlaps with theirs. 

Now off to do some more bloghopping and finding my favourite ones.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Marilyn, I am truly loving your landscape and it is progressing beautifully. Look forward to seeing some of the others. A friend of mine recently conducted a workshop at the Bribie Island Arts Centre and she hasn't stopped raving about it. We have nothing like it in Toowoomba, but she and I believe we have a great need for something like it. Having the creative embroidery and textile group together would be just fantastic. Enjoy your times there. Regards Dianne

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Marilyn, so glad your goodies arrived safely. The landscape is coming along so nicely and I am enjoying seeing it evolve....got me keen to have a go...mmmm...million dollar question is....where can I rob some time from???
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com