Saturday, August 28, 2010

Early Bird gifts

It has not been a very productive month with my Early Bird Christmas Crafting.  Sometimes life has other ideas - it has been a very busy month with our trip to Gunnedah and also helping my older daughter pack and prepare for moving to Moree in a few days time.  
I have finished two projects so far, with another couple almost done.  Maybe tomorrow will see them finished off.
I have made this coat hanger using  lovely light pink satin from my younger daughter's wedding dress and some white satin on the sides.  It has the secret zippered pouch beneath the outer decorative satin cover.

I have also finished this little lingerie bag made out of linen, with pintucks, lace and decorative stitching. 

It is so satisfying to try out a new embroidery stitch on the machine and find it is just what was needed.  I used one from the satin stitch section, which  when sewn with the right hand part of the stitch running along the edge of the fabric gave a scalloped effect.  The leaf stitch beside it finished it off nicely.  I love the lace - it has a vintage feel to it even though I bought it only a few years ago from Lincraft.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Good for you, getting some early gifts organized, Marilyn. They are beautiful.